Why join us?
Helps ensure the success of Atkins through coordinating closely with proposal leadership and staff, Business Unit (BU) staff, and Business Development and Sales (BD&S) staff on all efforts related to pursuits, marketing, business planning, branding, and market research; identifying and developing marketing materials; improving and maintaining marketing database; and helping build a strong team to lead and support all proposal and marketing efforts. Ensures that marketing meets Atkins’ expectations for promoting Atkins and winning work.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Austin, TX, Atlanta GA, Chicago, Ill, or Minneapolis, MN office as a Marketing Manager.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy
How will you contribute to the team?
- Champion a cohesive marketing and proposals team environment to support the Atkins strategy and goals and provide mentoring to and training for staff to ensure their ability and continued growth.
- Ensure the implementation of best practice/ISBP principles and provides training and mentoring. Coordinate and share best practices collection.
- Work closely with proposal leadership and staff, BUs, BU and regional BD&S staff to implement win work strategies based on regional/business unit strategic plan.
- Coordinate to assign appropriate staff to pursuits and build pursuit teams to best support major pursuits.
- Manage, coach, and/or facilitate pursuit team activities from opportunity decision stage through post-submittal and presentation stage, working in partnership with the BUs, BD&S, technical staff, and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate with proposals team, BU, BU and regional BD&S, and TPO staff to develop, build, measure, track, and report on winning marketing strategy(ies), brochures and focused marketing materials, and client outreach.
- Responsible for developing, monitoring, and operating within pursuit and division budgets.
- Perform strategic reviews (pink, red, green, gold, and IQR) on proposals.
- May serve as a BU or regional lead.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or related major, plus seven years’ experience within the firm or in a similar technical/marketing environment. Minimum six years managing people. Without a degree, seventeen years of relevant experience is required in addition to appropriate knowledge and skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Supervisory/management skills. Strong grammar, spelling, composition, and proofreading abilities.
- Job requires detail orientation and the ability to multi-task and work under the pressure of a deadline-driven environment with a high consequence of error (which may result in the loss of considerable revenue to the firm).
- Computer skills required and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Deltek Vision, and other software programs.
- Job requires ability to travel.
- If local travel is required and no company vehicle is available, the use of a personal vehicle may be required. The incumbent must have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company policy. The vehicle must be in good working order and insured. Mileage reimbursement allowance will be available.
- Must be willing to work under the pressure of frequent deadlines and work extra hours as necessary. Must possess the ability to supervise and motivate staff, and ability to participate in ongoing strategic pursuit training and other educational opportunities.
- Job requires ability to process paper/electronic documents and operate computer keyboard. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. Ability to plan and prioritize tasks for self and others.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs