This position is a DAY shift role of 4 days with 10 hours each, Monday to Thursday.
The Material Handler plays a key role within the manufacturing services department to ensure all materials are organized, tracked and readily accessible in timely manner. In addition, Material handler will also be responsible to maintain the material warehouse which includes inventory and cleanliness.
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock; recording location of inventory.
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Maintains in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
- Documents materials and supplies disposition by recording units delivered and location of units.
Extracting and maintaining the critical documentation associated with regular and nuclear grade material to maintain the material traceability.
Moving of semi-finished and finished components and assemblies within various departments while accurately maintaining associated documentation.
- Placing materials in stock.
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections; making operator repairs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum High school Diploma required
- College certificate/diploma an asset
- Experience with CRM software an asset
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant work experience in the metalworking industry
- Ability to lift 35 lbs
- Lift truck license an asset
- Must be able to pass training to operate lift trucks and overhead cranes.
- Must be comfortable with saw cutting of the materials.
- Experience with MS Office and data entry
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs