Materials Project Manager
The project manager will have to manage the technical and administrative execution of materials engineering and geotechnical projects; he or she will intervene in the preparation of professional service offers, in project monitoring, in the review of expertise reports and staff training.
The person will report to the assistant director of materials engineering. In this role, he or she will be called upon more specifically to:
- Technically responsible for the materials engineering service team (standards and methods for plans, quotes and technical specifications);
- Supervise the quality of team members work;
- Responsible for preparing work instructions and communicating them to technicians;
- Travel to the site for coordination, monitoring and/or expertise;
- Verification and approval of documents produced before final issuance to the client;
- Ensure compliance with budgets and deadlines for all projects;
- Draw up reports;
- Maintain customer relations to achieve the financial goals of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geological engineering;
- Master’s degree is an asset;
- Relevant experience is an asset;
- Bilingualism essential, spoken and written (French and English);
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety standards (OHS or ASP card or equivalent) and in the field of civil engineering;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) or Ontario Professional engineer (PEO);
- Spoken and written communication skills;
- Self-contained and organized;
- Ability to work as a team.