Mechanical Design Drafter
Working out of SNC-Lavalin’s office in Baytown, Texas and with members within the Oil & Gas Sector, the Mechanical Drafting team is responsible for the technical accuracy and quality of Field Sketches & CAD drawings and the delivery of corporate & client drafting needs. The team is committed to meeting the external and internal needs of SNC-Lavalin’s stakeholders worldwide, while presenting a clear and consistent corporate identity.
As a Mechanical Design Drafter in the SNC-Lavalin’s Drafting department and reporting to the Site Supervisor, you will work as part of the Refinery Owner Design Team and will be responsible for creating drawings throughout the design and MOC processes. You will also be responsible for supporting internal client engineering and design teams on various needs for specific Oil & Gas Projects.
- Produce standard, uncomplicated drawings from rough sketches, instructions, maps, charts, or diagrams from detailed sketches and in accordance with established practices and techniques.
- Prepare simple plans, and layouts for buildings, equipment, or locations from reference drawings or catalogues.
- Finalizing drawings from uncomplicated mechanical equipment diagrams.
- Graduated from High School with courses in drafting and drafting technologies, or A Technical Degree in drafting technologies and two years’ experience or experience walking down and field sketching piping and plant equipment.
- General knowledge of standard drafting techniques, procedures, and equipment.
- General knowledge of computer applications for engineering design.
- Ability to draft in isometric planes while visualizing mechanical piping.
- Use of basic Windows operations and file management.
- The ability to climb a ladder, and two or more flights of stairs.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these difference.