SNC-Lavalin Inc. (SLI) is a Canadian public corporation with origins dating from 1911. Over the last 105 years, the company has grown to over 35,000 professional and technical staff. SLI’s Infrastructure Engineering Buildings group, has been providing Consulting Engineering services across Canada since 1962. In that time we have gathered together a creative and highly skilled team of building design professionals. SLI s continuous investment in the technical and managerial competence of our people allows us to contribute to our Clients’ success.
Our Buildings Design Offices in Toronto and Sudbury are looking for Mechanical Engineers in Training to join our growing team.
Working under the direction of experienced design staff, with detailed instructions:
- Perform CAD work, from detailed marked up drawings
- Set up Mechanical Drawings, from Architectural backgrounds.
- Perform routine calculations and designs as directed.
- Issue drawings and other documents as directed/required
- Able to effectively communicate and coordinate with other members of a large team;
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD functions. Exposure to Revit and/or Microstation is an asset
- Previous exposure to Building HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems. Exposure to HVAC design software (such as HAP) is an asset.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.