This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Being a Mechanical Engineer at Atkins is an exciting place to be. Join our team and you’ll get to work on outstanding projects; Major Airport Expansions, Defence Property, Data Centres or even Water Parks!
You’ll be based in Colchester location within our Building Services team, we cover a full spectrum of environmental, mechanical and electrical engineering design and consultancy services locally, nationally and globally.
When you join our Infrastructure division, you’ll get to see your ideas put into place on the design and engineering projects that keep the world turning. You’ll work with a growing team nationwide, who are all about making spaces and places work perfectly for people. Whether it’s an airport, transport interchange, university campus or the world’s first tidal lagoon, you’ll find that no project is too big or complex for us to handle.
- Minimum ONC or equivalent in building services engineering or related subjects/suitable equivalent experience
- Sufficient experience working on Building Services projects
- Sufficient experience working in a design consultancy - some experience of working within a contractor environment is additionally welcome
- Working towards chartered status and membership of CIBSE/IMechE
- Good level of computer literacy in Windows, IES, Hevacomp, NBS (Specification Software) and Microsoft packages - an understanding of AutoCAD / Revit is beneficial.
- Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential
- Due to the nature of projects, you must be eligible for security clearance and will be provided to undergo a security vetting process
- Specification and design of fixed and temporary HVAC installations.
- Carrying out heating, cooling and ventilation calculations on fixed and temporary installations
- Liaise with architects and other designers in interpreting input information and applying it to generate a comprehensive electrical design
- Preparing technical specifications
- Preparing drawings for drafting by the BIM team
- Representing Atkins at meetings with clients and contractors
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works
- Report writing
- Maintaining records and archives to company standards
- Manage own workload
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.