Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join the nuclear team.
- Provide mechanical support of ongoing NSTX-U Recovery Project design and analysis activities
- Assist PPPL Cognizant Individual with ongoing design, analysis and support activities as noted
- Review/check completed analyses and calculations, and perform validation analyses when needed
- Review drawings and technical documentation
- Mechanical analysis ability; using ANSYS workbench including mesh creation from CAD
- Ability to perform electromagnetic analysis with MAXWELL, EMAG or OPERA
- Strong ability to prepare clear technical documentation
- Experience and demonstrated capabilities with a disciplined approach to design assurance, design verification,
- Experience with ANSYS Classic/APDL
- A working knowledge of elastic-plastic analyses, fracture mechanics, thermal strains, and non-linear buckling
- Experience with ASME or AISC design codes in order to comply with the PPPL project-specific structural requirements document
- Experience with computational fluid-dynamics—FLUENT or CFX
- Experience with Creo and SolidWorks
- BS degree + 10 years, MS degree + 8 years or PhD + 6 years relevant experience
- Documented experience in the design and analysis of one-off systems and components
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.