The Industrial Engineering division is currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer for its Toronto office, to act as a technical specialist and design professional in complex buildings and process utilities. We're seeking an enthusiastic team member to deliver services in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Semiconductor, and Agro-Food industries.
- Identifying and assessing owner's requirements
- Developing preliminary design and engineering specifications, for HVAC, Chilled Water, Steam and Plumbing systems serving processes and process facilities
- Ensuring design are developed to meet GMPs, GLPs, and GPPs
- Supporting project planning for mechanical systems
- Preparing detailed design calculations and layouts, including airflow and pressurization diagrams
- Interface with client to ensure designs meet expectations
- Develop project requirements specifications
- Manage small scale projects independently
- Coordinate with other disciplines in planning and executing project tasks (including Architectural, Structural & Electrical)
- Guiding and directing other designers or drafters
- Developing and updating project standard specifications
- Ensuring all completed work conforms to contract requirements
- Conducting site visits and inspections, followed by necessary reports
- Prepare and write concept & feasibility studies
- Utilizing design tools such as HAP and REVIT to develop deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering specializing in Building Mechanics or with suitable working experience
- Professional Engineer in Ontario (PEO) mandatory
- US licensed PE would be considered an asset
- 10 years of experience in Building Mechanical System sector
- HAP and Revit Understanding
- Experience with CFD would be an asset
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Proficient in English, French proficiency an asset
- Capable of regular local travel, with occasional national or international travel
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.