Mechanical Engineering Co-op Student
Why join us?
Our Defence Program Group in Victoria, BC is looking for a Mechanical Engineering Co-op Student to join our team. This is a four (4) months term position to start in May 2020 and end in August 2020.
How will you contribute to the team?
Working under the direction of experienced design staff, with detailed instructions:
- Perform CAD work from detailed marked up drawings
- Set up mechanical, electrical and structural drawings from vessel backgrounds
- Perform routine calculations and designs as directed
- Perform technical studies and investigations as directed
- Perform site take offs to determine existing arrangements in vessels
What will you contribute?
- Currently enrolled in a Mechanical Engineering cooperative program
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD functions. Exposure to Microstation is an asset
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Able to effectively communicate and coordinate with other members of a large team
- Exposure to the American Bureau of Shipping Rules and Regulations is an asset
This position requires visits to vessels which may not have accommodations for persons with limited mobility.
This position requires a Government of Canada security clearance and is limited to Canadian Citizens.
Successful applicant will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
- A safe and healthy work environment
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com