Mechanical Engineering Technologist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin Inc is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Technologist / Revit Operator for our Infrastructure Engineering team out of our Halifax, NS office. Seize an opportunity to have an impact working on a variety of projects that continue to improve not only Nova Scotia and Atlantic Infrastructure, but have the ability to be a part of major projects taking place across Canada (see Trillium and the recently announced Réseau express métropolitain).
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. The three pillars of Safety, Ethics and Quality are paramount and the ideal candidate will be outstanding in each of these areas. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
This position will include a broad range of consulting tasks. Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication skills, have a keen interest in a fast paced work environment, and be proficient in organization, and time/budget management. The successful applicant must be able to work interchangeably in a team setting, and independently, and will be expected to liaise with professional staff including engineers, subcontractors and clients.
- Interpreting engineering specifications, resolving design and field engineering difficulties and coordinating work schedules;
- Coordination and interaction with drafting in the preparation of design drawings;
- Revising drawings based on instructions from engineers;
- Interpreting equations, calculations and written instructions;
- Coordination and preparation of project specifications;
- Participating in technical studies and creation of reports;
- Contributing to the planning, budgeting and scheduling of work to achieve prescribed objectives;
- Preparing progress reports and monitoring project controls;
- Recommending changes in plans and specifying estimated costs;
- Recommending substitutions in materials and payment for complete work;
- Consulting with other departments, suppliers and contractors to clarify specifications;
- Keeping abreast of new technical developments and estimating their impacts;
- Providing construction phase services, e.g. shop drawings review, site inspections, etc;
- Project specific roles to be determined by project manager;
Registration or eligibility to as a Certified Engineering Technologist, or graduate from a BIM/drafting program;
Knowledgeable in BIM software (REVIT) for the production of building design drawings used in the construction industry is preferred, especially that of mechanical systems;
Understanding principles of equipment layouts with respect to installation, servicing and safe operations;
The approach to coordinating multi-discipline BIM design teams, familiarity with interpretation of architectural and structural building modelsGood understanding of engineering disciplines and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines/fields;
Good understanding of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria;
- Proficiency in a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques;
- Proficient with design and analysis, including use of engineering software;
- Eligible Candidate for CISD Level II (SECRET) Clearance (requires fingerprinting).