Mechanical Engineering Technologist
Our Buildings Design Office in Sudbury is looking for a Mechanical Engineering Technologist to join their growing team.
Working under the direction of experienced design staff, with detailed instructions:
- Perform CAD and REVIT work, from detailed marked up drawings
- Set up mechanical drawings from architectural backgrounds
- Perform routine calculations and designs as directed
- Issue drawings and other documents as directed/required
- Perform site take offs to determine existing conditions in buildings
- College Diploma from Mechanical Engineering Technology program
- Able to effectively communicate and coordinate with other members of a large team
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD functions. Exposure to Revit and/or Microstation is an asset
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Exposure to the Ontario Building Code, Ontario Plumbing Code and Ontario Fire Code is an asset
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.