Mechanical/Process Piping Estimator
Our Oregon Team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have approximately 4 years as an estimator in Manufacturing and/or Mechanical/Process Piping contractor, we would like to connect with you. This role creates cost estimates for specific disciplines relating to large capital construction projects, provides business support to management and guidance. In addition, there will be collaborative work with the team to complete pricing and benchmarking research, while maintaining project documents and files. The role is based at a semi-conductor project site in Hillsboro, OR. This is a great opportunity to join a successful team. This is a permanent fulltime internal position with Faithful+Gould that comes with robust benefits!
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise -It’s in our DNA
• Analyzes blueprints and other documents and prepares detailed cost estimates. Performs accurate quantity takeoffs of available design documents.
• Obtains accurate and up to date pricing information from databases, contractors, suppliers, etc. to utilize in estimates.
• Works with designers and engineers to develop clear understanding of project scope during preparation of estimate. Develops relationships with members of A/E firms and project team members.
• Assists senior staff in ways to make projects more efficient. Seeks ways to improve accuracy and efficiency of tasks.
• Maintains project documents such as drawings and specifications in an organized and reasonable manner. Maintains project files on file server in accordance with company standards.
• Maintains and updates data library of costs.
• Prepares cost reconciliation between two or more estimates and explains variance cost drivers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or related field plus four years of relevant experience OR an Associate's Degree in a related technical field plus four years of relevant experience OR High school diploma (or equivalent) plus 6 years related experience.
• working knowledge of a light industrial/commercially construction cost estimating coding standards
• understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel and Word.
• professional designation such as RICS, CCE, CCM, AIA, PE, ASPE, AACEI, CVS, AVS, LEED AP, RA, are welcome.
Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
-broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
-generous time-off benefits
-401 (k) with employer match
-flexible work schedules dependent upon approval because of assignment demands
-career development opportunities through our corporate university
-highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program
-valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement.
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.