Why join us?
TransitNEXT is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin is awarded the design, build, finance and maintenance of the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
We are looking for a qualified Mechanical Superintendent to work as a part of the Trillium Project Systems team. Reporting to the Systems Integration Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the mechanical installations on Trillium line project.
How will you contribute to the team?
Specifically relating to the mechanical systems (e.g. HVAC, Plumbing, Tunnel Ventilation, Heat tracing, Fire suppression, vertical transportation):
- Managing and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Managing work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operation. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with SNC standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Supervising and developing Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers and/or interns, as assigned, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Creating schedules and determining sequencing of work.
- Developing and implementing recovery strategies to maintain project schedule and budget.
- Communicating with owners and architects/engineers in connection with field issues. Investigating and resolving such issues.
- Managing the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
- Working with the Engineer on the coordination effort for all mechanical systems, equipment and piping layouts for all trades on a master coordination set of drawings and 3D model securing the approval of the architects and engineers.
- Leading project inspections, Startup, commissioning, turnover and training process, and punch list required for acceptance and handover of all the mechanical systems.
- Coordinating, directing, and monitoring the activities of subcontractors and suppliers, to insure conformance with plans, specifications, local and national codes.
- Reviewing project changes in conjunction with the Project Engineer.
- Keeping detailed daily records of MEPS trade contractors’ work progress.
- Participating in preconstruction efforts (e.g. constructability, logistics).
What will you contribute?
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as MEP superintendent
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineer is preferred.
- Familiar with OBC (Ontario building code)
- Previous experience supporting the installation of Tunnel Vent Systems (TVS)
- Proven recent experience dealing with Jet fans
- Experience coordinating with electrical drive systems for TVS and PLC and manually controlled TVS systems
- Experience supporting the installation of fire detection/protection
- Sound judgment supported by excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organized, self-directed work habits with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and schedule tasks managing multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Must be a good team player and decision maker.
- Ability to conceptualize drawings and identify potential construction conflicts.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to this position? Apply now!
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com