Designing for the future is about more than predicting what it looks like. It’s about having the know-how and the expertise to turn predictions into projects that deliver results and meet ever-changing needs. That’s what we do every day: for our clients, for their customers and for the sustainable future of our business and the world we operate in.
Here at SNC-Lavalin’s Ottawa office, we believe in developing our employees to their utmost potential. We promote teamwork and collaboration, which is why our culture speaks for itself; our people are motivated to give their best and have a sense of personal fulfillment. Each member of our team is integral in ensuring a positive work place backed by a company committed to the safety of its employees.
Our once small office has seen exponential and continuous growth since its opening in 2016, going from 3 to over 100 employees! To keep the positive trend going, we are seeking to add another superstar to our team…
The Infrastructure Engineering division is currently looking for a Mechanical Technologist for its National Capital Region office. The incumbent must have experience working on building projects in Commercial/Retail, Residential and Institutional Markets.
- Pre-Design site reviews. The successful proponent will be responsible to assess field as-built conditions.
- Review and interpret existing engineering drawings and specifications, in order to resolve design and field engineering challenges.
- Coordinating work schedules,
- Drafting and preparation of design drawings and specifications.
- Prepare engineering design calculations for review by Senior Engineers
- Assist in the overall coordination with other Engineering Disciplines.
- Assist Senior Engineers in the revision of drawings and specifications at all stages of document preparation, Review, Building Permit, Tender and Construction
- Participating in technical studies and creation of reports
- Contributing to the planning, budgeting and scheduling of work to achieve prescribed objectives
- Providing construction phase services, e.g. shop drawings review, site inspections, etc.
- Graduate of a two- or three-year technology program at the College Level
- Designation or eligibility to become a Certified Engineering Technologist or Certified Technician
- 1 to 3 year of relative experience in Buildings Mechanical Systems
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is required.
- Experience in BIM software (REVIT) for the production of building design drawings used in the construction industry is preferred, especially that of mechanical systems.
- Understanding principles of equipment layouts with respect to installation, servicing and safe operations
- The approach to coordinating multi-discipline BIM design teams, familiarity with interpretation of architectural and structural building models.
- Strong understanding of engineering disciplines and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines/fields;
- Strong understanding of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria;
- Proficiency in a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques;
- Proficient with design and analysis, including use of engineering software;
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.