MEP Cost Estimator
MEP Cost Estimator
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
- Analyses specification, drawings and other project documents to prepare cost estimate
- Performs measurement and take-off sheets of the available design documents
- Defines a scope for suppliers and subcontractors to obtain prices for materials, equipment and services required to complete the cost estimate
- Reviews estimates delivered by the suppliers and subcontractors to determine estimate completeness, accuracy and compliance with project requirements, specifications and best practices.
- liaises with the suppliers and subcontractor to get the required proposal
- Searches for new suppliers and subcontractors to study the cost of MEP works
- Develops basis of cost estimate narrative that defines estimate methodology, scope, pricing, assumptions and exclusions.
- Collects and compiles historical cost data including project location, specific requirements,…etc in order to maintain current estimating database information and cost database
- Assists senior staff in ways to make projects cost more accurate and efficient like assistance in value engineering workshops.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include, Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
- Bachelor or master degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years’ experience in MEP cost estimation
- Membership in relevant professional organization (RICS, AACE,..) would be preferable
- Strong knowledge of Saudi Arabia market to get prices for MEP works especially the electrical and ELV systems is a must
- Computer literature: CostX (preferred but not essential), AutoCAD, MS Excel, word,…etc.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs