The Tooling & Services Manufacturing Operation is currently seeking a QA/ Jr.Metrologist to help grow and strengthen the Manufacturing Team.
Reporting directly to the Manufacturing Manager, the successful candidate will mainly be responsible for the.
- The Metrologist is responsible for effective and efficient use of Metrology Lab’s assets. When a particular machine or piece of equipment is busy or out of service, other inspection methods capable of efficiently producing a result of sufficient accuracy should be employed.
- Time management is the responsibility of the employee, and excessive or insufficient workload is to be brought to the attention of the supervisor. The employee is normally required to plan, schedule and manage own time, taking into the account the plans of others.
- The Metrologist may assess which job is required next, but in urgent situations, the supervisor may indicate which jobs have priority and may request the employee to work overtime to meet the customer’s needs when required.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, is essential. Communications may be formal or informal in nature and include, but are not limited to, e-mails, telephone calls, faxes, letters, memos, written/verbal reports or instructions, and meetings.
- Communicates with supervisor as to work progress (ongoing).
- Interfaces with colleagues and other internal groups to support the inspection work of the department (ongoing).
- Answers telephone and e-mail inquiries in a timely manner (ongoing).
- Participates in regular and ad hoc meetings (as required).
- Reports safety or security concerns and matters of business significance to supervisor (infrequent).
- Projects positive and professional image of Candu as a world-class organization (ongoing).
- Interacts with customers to ensure customer service queries/issues are satisfactorily resolved (as required).
- Liaises with subcontractors and other suppliers (as required).
Qualification & skills:
- College/University education required or equivalent
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tactfully communicate with team members, internal customers and suppliers.
- Must be able to read and interpret Engineering drawings.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment requiring multitasking, problem solving, analytical and project management skills. Able to work prioritize and work tight deadlines.
- Must be able to multi-task when needed.
- Shift work is required.
- This position is primarily based out of the Sheridan Park Metrology Lab, but on occasion may require travel to customer of vendor sites.
- Project deadlines and emergency demands may require the supervisor to request the incumbent to work beyond the normal workday.
- Visual concentration and accuracy is required for reading measuring instruments, reviewing reports, analyzing information. Annual eye examinations are required to ensure the incumbent is capable in this area. Visual Examination Records are to be completed by the examiner.
- Some inspections will require the incumbent to stand for extended periods of time.
- Lifting of components is required, but within jurisdictional weight limits. The incumbent will be required to safely use various types of lifting equipment for heavier components.
- Work may be required with radioactive components.
- Work is performed in a mixed manufacturing/office environment as part of an integrated, multidisciplinary team.
- The incumbent must be able to apply good judgement and initiative to a range of technical and/or non-technical issues and be responsive in a timely manner to support the team in reaching a resolution that meets customer, regulatory, quality, safety and business requirements.
- Flexible and adaptable to work under tight schedules in a fast paced environment.
- Able to use initiative and judgment in an environment of changing/conflicting priorities.
- Possessing strong work organization and time management skills.
- Capable of working independently yet be a responsive and active team member environment.
- Possessing drive, energy, resourcefulness, and positive attitude.
- Driven by customer needs, obsessed with quality, excellence, and safety.
- Willing to take responsibility and accountability, engaging in open and honest communication.
- Committed to learning and teamwork and empowered to challenge and innovate.
- Diligent and motivated by performance.
- Honest and willing to adhere to the Candu Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
- Must be co-operative and must demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Must work in a safe manner and must follow Candu as well as jurisdictional safety rules.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin's accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.