This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin Nuclear is Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering group. It has been providing a complete range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since 1967. Its expertise is applicable to both CANDU and Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) technology.
Our expertise include: Balance of nuclear steam plant (BNSP), Balance of plant (BOP), Heavy water plants (HWR), Plant life management and extension, Steam Generator Replacement, Metrology and Spatial Analysis, Refurbishments and Retrofits, Environmental qualification, Nuclear plant decommissioning, Waste management and associated audits, and Nuclear research facilities.
SNC-Lavalin Nuclear Inc is also a leader in the Canadian Nuclear Association (CNA), the Organization of CANDU Industries (OCI) and is currently part of Team CANDU. SNC-LAVALIN NUCLEAR is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin Inc.
The joint venture between SNC-Lavalin and Aecon has been awarded a contract with Ontario Power Generation (OPG) to carry out the Darlington Retube and Feeder Replacement (RFR) project. The project involves refurbishment of all four reactors at the Darlington Generating Station and consists of two phases – a Definition Phase and an Execution Phase. The Definition Phase includes the construction of a full-scale reactor mock-up to simulate key elements of the refurbishment work, and the development, procurement and testing of specialized tooling required for the project. The Execution Phase involves refurbishment of the reactor cores using the tools and methods that were developed and tested during the Definition Phase.
Metrology Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Create technical reports and drawings of collected data
- Analyze previous drawings for measurement planning with AutoCAD
- Interference detection using Point Clouds
- Calibration data recording using Microsoft Access
- Organize and Plan calibration requirements
- Prepare and deliver presentations related to software development and maintenance to client, as required.
- Ensure all work activities are performed safely, in collaboration with the Project Safety Manager.
- Identify potential work scopes and opportunities for growth.
- Post-secondary university technical degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Engineering drawings interpretation
- Nuclear Quality Assurance program knowledge
- Engineering Change Control program knowledge
- Analytical ability and effective decision making
- Organizational skills
- Situational awareness and effective problem solving skills
- Inter-personal communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- FARO Scene
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Written/oral communication skills
- Various work locations in both field and office
- Travel as necessary
- Site conditions – elevated work areas, confined spaces, radiological work areas, general offices
- Nuclear Energy Worker
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.