Metrology Technologist - Shoreline
Metrology Technologist - Shoreline
II.PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Metrology Technician is responsible for measurements using laser trackers, scanners, 3D modeling, CAD, visual planning aides, calibration and qualification requirements and operations. This employee will report to the Engineering Manager/Metrology Supervisor.
III.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proficient in the operation of metrology, surveying, alignment, layout using measurement instruments.
- CAD modeling in various software Spatial Analyzer, PolyWorks, Smart Plant, SolidWorks, AutoCAD
- Complete all associated documentation and forms within a CWP.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment requiring multitasking, problem solving, analytical skills. Able to work prioritize and work tight deadlines.
- General Knowledge of QA Standards ISO 9001:2008,CSA N258.0-08,Z299.3,Z299.4.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with team members, internal customers and suppliers.
- Strong Inspection background as a Metrologist.
Read and interpret Engineering drawings
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Computer literate in MS Office/Excel
- Previous experience in point cloud and laser tracker/scanner use would be an asset.
- KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Basic Surveying knowledge
- CAD software operation in various software (3D modeling)
- EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
- Customers, suppliers
- Project Managers, project personnel, estimating personnel
- Trades personnel, union business agents
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Various work locations in both field and office
- Travel as necessary
- OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Due to the nature of work conducted by Aecon, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment
- Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred
•High school or equivalent required
•Strong Inspection background with at least 2-3 years’ experience as a Metrologist or Metrologist Lead Hand.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs