Mid-Atlantic Area Manager
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Calverton, Maryland or Alexandria, VA Rail & Transit Group as a Mid-Atlantic Area Manager.
This position is a newly create role for a highly motivated individual to lead Atkins Mid-Atlantic Region for our Rail and Transit Sector. Under general direction, manages project execution, client relations, and business growth for a large operating unit of the firm, or for a large client or technical discipline for an assigned area of responsibility (typically with annual project revenues over $5M). Provides leadership, direction and guidance to managers and staff within area of responsibility. Responsible for achieving business growth, quality, client satisfaction, and project profitability goals and objectives for the Mid-Atlantic Region, Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
- Successfully win and manage projects within the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- Establish and maintain collaborative and effective work relationships with all employees, clients and other stakeholders.
- Attend local industry meetings.
- Attend client meetings to represent Atkins’ qualifications.
- Enhance Atkins’ portfolio of work and reach across the Mid-Atlantic area.
- Discuss present and future trends and needs for the Mid-Atlantic Region as it relates to business plans and staffing.
- Spearhead proposal efforts in conjunction with technical staff.
- Ensure quality and budget (P&L) expectations are met.
- Oversees project execution and client relations for projects typically with annual project revenues over $5M.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in field of practice. Post graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved by technical professionals or technical managers with 15 years of experience since B.S., with at least three of these years in positions with project management or operational management responsibilities.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to manage individuals and teams, provide leadership, and manage project production. Highly skilled at promoting the firm and negotiating advantageous contracts. Must have business vision, excellent communication skills, and be able to represent the firm effectively to clients, key public officials, and the community in general.
- Professional Engineering license is required.
- The ideal candidate will have recent, senior level, work experience with Rail and Transit clients in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles