Modern Workplace Architect - Desktop Solutions
Modern Workplace Architect - Desktop Solutions
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called IT Services (ITS). Our ITS business is made up of digital, user service, technology and project management experts, working across multiple regions. Our teams are supporting globally including those based in offices and working on remote sites with our clients where we partner the business on some of the worlds iconic design and build and infrastructure projects.
Reporting to the Client Architecture & Design manager this position provides the opportunity to join a highly skilled and motivated global IT organisation responsible for the design and delivery of end user computing services to 36,000 users.
The Client Architecture & Design team is located within the Service Delivery sector of the IT Services organisation within SNC Lavalin. The team consists of technical subject matter experts who focus on IT transformation and alignment projects across the SNC Lavalin Group. Embracing and developing the latest technologies the team provides technical solutions which drive business success.
The role requires an in depth understanding of systems design, with considerable of experience within the end-user computing sector of large organisations. Proven experience of delivering global technical projects is essential, along with the following:
- Technical Leadership with proven experience of influencing stakeholders.
- Requirements gathering and documentation.
- Identifying suitable solutions to meet the present and future requirements (both functional and non-functional).
- Technical design and documentation.
- Systems implementation and testing.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Successful candidates will be experienced in guiding the delivery of IT services in large enterprises and be able to demonstrate thorough technical knowledge and understanding in the following areas.
- Endpoint Management.
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager.
- Operating System Deployment.
- Group Policy.
- Windows 10 Lifecycle Management.
- Microsoft EMS including Intune.
- Azure AD Management.
- Office 365 Management.
- Modern Endpoint Management.
What will you contribute?
- Microsoft certification or equivalent experience.
- ITIL foundation or equivalent preferable.
- Understanding the business needs of customers and designing solutions which meet those requirements.
- Ability to take on complex problems and utilise technical knowledge and experience to deliver effective solutions.
- Working effectively within project organisations, estimating time and resources needed to complete tasks and delivering to those targets.
- Working effectively within a skilled and motivated team.
- Communicate concisely and lead technical discussions with stakeholders, colleagues and third parties
- Provide technical leadership to teams throughout the enterprise.
- Influence and guide good practice and behaviours.
- Proven experience of delivering process efficiencies and improvements.
- Clear and fluent English (both verbal and written).
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with remote teams.
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of and accountability for relevant products and services.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and complete your own work, whilst remaining a team player.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs