Modern Workplace Architect - Desktop Solutions
Modern Workplace Architect - Desktop Solutions
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called IT Services (ITS). Our ITS business is made up of digital, user service, technology and project management experts, working across multiple regions. Our teams are supporting globally including those based in offices and working on remote sites with our clients where we partner the business on some of the worlds iconic design and build and infrastructure projects.
Reporting to the Client Architecture & Design manager this position provides the opportunity to join a highly skilled and motivated global IT organisation responsible for the design and delivery of end user computing services to 36,000 users.
The Client Architecture & Design team is located within the Service Delivery sector of the IT Services organisation within SNC Lavalin. The team consists of technical subject matter experts who focus on IT transformation and alignment projects across the SNC Lavalin Group. Embracing and developing the latest technologies the team provides technical solutions which drive business success.
The role requires an in depth understanding of systems design, with considerable of experience within the end-user computing sector of large organisations. Proven experience of delivering global technical projects is essential, along with the following:
- Technical Leadership with proven experience of influencing stakeholders
- Requirements gathering and documentation
- Identifying suitable solutions to meet the present and future requirements (both functional and non-functional)
- Technical design and documentation
- Systems implementation and testing
Successful candidates will be experienced in leading the delivery of IT services in large enterprises and be able to demonstrate thorough technical knowledge and understanding in the following areas.
- Endpoint Management
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Operating System Deployment
- Group Policy
- Windows 10 Lifecycle Management
- Microsoft EMS including Intune
- Azure AD Management
- Office 365 Management
- Modern Endpoint Management
- Microsoft certification or equivalent experience
- ITIL foundation or equivalent preferable
- Understanding the business needs of customers and designing solutions which meet those requirements
- Ability to take on complex challenges and utilise technical knowledge and experience to deliver effective solutions
- Working effectively within project organisations, estimating time and resources needed to complete tasks and delivering to those targets
- Working effectively within a skilled and motivated team
- Communicate concisely and lead technical discussions with stakeholders, colleagues and third parties
- Provide technical leadership to teams throughout the enterprise
- Influence and guide good practice and behaviours
- Proven experience of delivering process efficiencies and improvements
- Clear and fluent English (both verbal and written)
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with remote teams
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of and accountability for relevant products and services
- Ability to plan, prioritise and complete your own work, whilst remaining a team player
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/your-benefits
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
ATKINS recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the owner ship of infrastructure. From offices in over 50 countries, SNC-Lava
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called IT Services (ITS). Our ITS business is made up of digital, user service, technology and project ma
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs