Modification Team Lead
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Role: Modification Team Lead (MTL)
Why join us?
Candu Energy Inc. is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering group. It has been providing a complete range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since 1967. Its expertise is applicable to both CANDU and Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) technology.
Our expertise include: Balance of Nuclear Steam Plant (BNSP), Balance of Plant (BOP), Heavy Water Plants (HWR), Plant Life Management and Extension, Steam Generator Replacement, Metrology and Spatial Analysis, Refurbishments and Retrofits, Environmental Qualification, Nuclear Plant decommissioning, Waste Management and associated audits, and Nuclear Research facilities.
Candu Energy Inc. is also a leader in the Canadian Nuclear Association (CNA), the Organization of CANDU Industries (OCI). Candu Energy Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin Inc.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Work planning and coordination of multi-discipline work groups. Identification and interfacing with all relevant stakeholders and process owners to meet prescribed objectives;
- Lead/participate in preparation of installation, commissioning strategy and logic, work planning, Construction Completion Declaration, AFS, Operation and other stakeholder’s acceptance and closeout;
- Prepare/participate in preparation of Installation Completion Declaration;
- Review and ensure proper documentation of commissioning specifications, procedures/ results and their acceptance by appropriate stakeholders;
- Coordinate/review the availability of Spare Parts required for commissioning and AFS;
- Coordinate with project team to complete non-engineering documents such as Operation, Maintenance and Training Documents (Project EC);
- Monitor and ensure completion of pre-installation activities such as: Work Assessment, Comprehensive Work Packages (CWPs) etc.;
- Provide on-site implementation support and ensure field changes are addressed and approved as per applicable procedures;
- Interface with the Project Director / Manager to support day-to-day project activities;
- Interface and coordinate with project Design Team Lead (DTL), Field Engineering Manager & Construction Manager;
- Participate in project risk identification and implement recovery plans. Plan, manage, and direct the project execution. Manage and control project changes and priorities;
- Incorporate operating experience and lessons learned;
- Demonstrate strong nuclear safety culture, and maintain such a culture through the use of event free tools and technical conscience;
- Adherence of the project team to the Engineering Change Control (ECC) process;
- Coordinate/conduct COMS and other meetings with stakeholders (example Procurement Engineering) as required;
- Review relevant client database and change control program, and ensure updates are correct and meet the requirements of client governance.
What you will contribute?
- Engineering degree from an accredited University of recognized standing, with a minimum of 10 years practical experience in Nuclear Power Plants;
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario and member in good standing;
- Working knowledge of the CANDU design and plant system design;
- Working knowledge of CSA N286;
- Detailed understanding of client specific Engineering Change Control process and governance procedures;
- Working knowledge of client Asset Suite Work Management, complete with active access rights;
- Strong leadership/managerial, inter-personal and communication skills, with strong customer focus;
- Working knowledge of PB/licensing requirements and interfacing with TSSA/ CNSC.
What we offer at Candu Energy Inc. ?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary and bonus
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Company matching defined contribution pension plan
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Paid time off
• Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles