MRICS Managing Quantity Surveyor- Infrastructure
Due to our continued success in United Arab Emirates we are now seeking to recruit a MRICS Managing Quantity Surveyor(s) / Commercial Manager(s) with extensive previous consultant experience of hospitality, retail, leisure and residential projects, to join an already established cost and commercial management team, committed to technical integrity, innovation and development of its people, within our growing business.
Hands on leadership of a specialist commercial team with responsibility for:
- Manage team resources to ensure timely completion of commercial deliverables;
- Feasibility studies (cost per key, cost per m2 etc.);
- Cost Planning and estimating (BCIS and NRM1);
- Advising on procurement strategies;
- Value Engineering, cash flow forecasts, Whole Life Costing, risk management;
- Bills of Quantities production (NRM 2, POMI and CESSM3);
- Tender services including compilation, tender analysis, negotiations and recommendations;
- Contract drafting (FIDIC Red. Yellow, Green and Bespoke).
- Oversee operational and management issues within the team;
- Management of bonds, insurances, warranties and guarantee logs;
- Interim valuations and payment certificates (contractors/ consultants);
- Variations analysis, recommendations and management (contractors / consultants);
- Risk and value management and cost control functions;
- Costs analysis;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparation of progress/ cost reports;
- Reporting to Commercial Director on all commercial issues;
- Attendance and representation at commercial meetings;
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Internal management of P/L and contractual aspects of consultancy contract with employer;
- Must be MRICS
- Recruitment/ interviewing of candidates for employment;
- Line Management duties including identifying and developing talent pool;
- Engagement in strategy workshops for business development;
- Networking and thought leadership articles and panels;
- Win work support on bidding and presentations to employers.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Experiences and Qualifications:
- Experience in delivery of Infrastructure, residential, retail, leisure experience is essential.
- Middle East / United Arab Emirates construction delivery experience in would be a beneficial;
- MRICS qualification as minimum
- Degree in Quantity Surveying from recognised UK RICS accredited university;
- Minimum of 8 year's post qualification experience
- Must have consultant experience for minimum of 4 years';
- Knowledge in the use of QS software CostX or similar is required;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Able to work on own or managing a team for project deliverables as project dictates;
- Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Professional membership fees
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants