MRICS Senior Quantity Surveyors - Mixed-use Development
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include, Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
- Cost Planning and estimating (BCIS and NRM1);
- Value Engineering, cash flow forecasts, Whole Life Costing, risk management;
- Bills of Quantities production (POMI and CESSM3);
- Tender services including compilation, tender analysis, negotiations and recommendations;
- Contract drafting (FIDIC);
- Management of bonds, insurances and guarantee logs;
- Interim valuations and payment certificates;
- Variations analysis, recommendations and management;
- Risk and value management and cost control functions;
- Costs analysis project work;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparation of progress/ cost reports;
- Reporting to Associate Director on all commercial issues;
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations;
- Attendance and representation at commercial meetings.
- MRICS status as minimum. This is non-negotiable;
- Experience in one of the following key sectors: hospitality, museums and / or galleries;
- Degree in Quantity Surveying from recognised UK university;
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience;
- Minimum of 3 years’ UK or UAE/ international experience;
- Must have consultant and/or client background for minimum of 3 years;
- Knowledge in the use of QS software CATO or similar is required;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants