This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. Our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
The Life Sciences team within the Industrial Engineering division is currently looking for a Multi-Discipline Designer. We’re seeking an enthusiastic team member for delivering engineering services in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Agro/Food Industries.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Working with engineering teams to prepare designs, 3D models, and detailed drawings that comply with project and client requirements (multi-discipline)
- Develop plan drawings based on schematics or concepts prepared by engineers
- Conduct 3D laser scanning and/or site surveys where/when necessary to record existing, installed data
- Audit organization’s present processes for producing drawing deliverables and develop plan to improve drawing quality and production efficiency by improving how we utilize BIM/CAD Tools and automating tasks.
- Drive the incorporation of Digital Twin technologies and establish standards (5D+).
- Using modeling to demonstrate client projects and construction progress tracking
- Relentless focus on continuously improving organization’s quality and efficiency.
- Train division personnel in various offices on new standards.
- Provide leadership on set-up and production of drawings, design and BIM/CAD coordination. Review project scope and requirements with PM and discipline leads. Make recommendations regarding how to accommodate phasing and other special requirements.
- Create Virtual Reality demonstrations from 3D models as required and present to clients and/or trade shows.
- Reviewing and checking designs to ensure compliance with engineers and project requirements.
- Lead other drafters or designers on assignments with multiple designers
- Comply with the company’s established standards, conventions, and procedures, and applicable engineering codes and practices.
- Coordination and prioritization of multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Coordination with engineers, vendors, and other disciplines.
What will you contribute?
- A diploma in Engineering design, Drafting or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a designer working on industrial or pharmaceutical facilities.
- Preference given to experience in more than one engineering discipline, especially Civil, Layout, and Process (including preparation of PFD and P&IDs)
- Competent in the use of various 2D/3D CAD, solid modeling, and plant design software, such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil 3D, SmartPlant, CadWorx, SolidWorks.
- Experience reading and interpreting large scale project drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction industry standards, codes, and practices
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-directed and proactive with a drive for action and efficiency.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Comfortable working remotely and guiding team members in a virtual environment.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs