At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
Our Infrastructure Engineering Group in Toronto is looking for a Municipal Engineer to join our growing team.
- Planning, design, analysis, approval and construction of water mains and sanitary sewers within built environments, such as arterial roadways.
- Oversee junior staff and sub-consultants.
- Assist in proposal preparation for such public-sector transportation engineering projects in the GTHA and elsewhere
- Degree in engineering with 8 to 10 years of experience in the design of municipal infrastructure in Ontario, preferably for municipalities within the GTHA.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario.
- Familiarity with relevant Ontario municipal and provincial standards.
- Experience in the design and hydraulic analysis for large diameter water mains.
- Experienced in the best practices and the state of the art for the specification of pipes, valves, chambers, boxes, hydrants, deep trenches, trenchless technologies, etc.
- Familiar with the design of arterial roads, storm sewers, pumping stations, treatment facilities, and other municipal infrastructure.
- Familiar with AutoCAD, Microstation, MS Office, and other related industry standard tools.
- Familiarity with civil engineering design tools such as InRoads, Civil 3D, BIM, is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to independently represent the design team to clients.
- Familiar with regulatory approvals associated with infrastructure projects, including permitting with conservation authorities and Ministry of Environment and Climate Change.
- Demonstrated experience working on projects with municipalities in the GTHA, including direct interaction with public sector clients.
- Ability to seal and sign water main and sanitary sewer drawings, as a professional engineer in the province of Ontario.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Please be advised that this posting is in reference to a future need and does not reflect any position(s) currently open within SNC-Lavalin or its affiliates. Should you wish to have your details entered into the corporate database to be considered for future projects, please do so below.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.