NEC Site Supervisor
NEC Site Supervisor
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
Through innovative partnerships, we are shaping the future of transport. Our staff, forward thinking and commercially aware, understand the industry’s challenges and are able to maximize client outcomes, opportunities for our own growth and for the benefit of society.
We work smart. We are focused on the needs of our clients and are committed to keeping our promises. For each and every project we safely deliver leading-edge solutions, policy outcomes and effective and efficient services for best value.
Our Transportation Division is currently seeking Site Supervisors to join the major projects team delivering a significant portfolio of construction projects in Gloucestershire. You will be working on highway projects being delivered under the Local Authority Framework Contract that we have with Gloucestershire County Council.
- To act as Supervisor during the Construction phase of major projects;
- To check works are carried out in compliance with the Works Information including testing of material and workmanship and observing tests carried out by the Contractor;
- Manage the defects process, check and mark materials off site so as to protect the Employer's interests;
- To ensure a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained for each project, via site visits, assessing contract implementation with due regard to highway, health and safety and environmental legislation;
- To provide a service at all times to the nominated Project Manager and his directions to ensure that the standards of work and the materials supplied by Contractor are as specified in accordance with the Works Information;
- To undertake actions delegated by the Project Manager;
- To witness off site and on -site testing and commissioning and keep appropriate records of results;
- To comply with the legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues and highway legislation;
- To maintain records and data, operate and maintain information systems and undertake general administrative tasks;
- To identify technical problems on site, to recommend corrective action and bring to attention of PM to issue directions;
- To assist the Project Manager with managing contractors, sub-contractors, liaising with statutory utilities and dealing with technical queries;
- To prepare schedules of defects and certify rectification of snagging items; and
- To attend internal and external meetings, both on and off site as required.
- Working towards a recognized Civil engineering/ Highway accreditation, or a Chartered or Incorporated member of the ICE, CIHT or similar;
- Minimum of 2-5 years' experience in a site supervisory role; and
- Hold a valid UK driving license.
- Background working or study in civil engineering or highway environment;
- Ability to inspect, record and report on work relating to construction works and producing concise reports;
- Experience in the use of current design and construction standards and specifications;
- Experience/knowledge of CDM regulations and to manage H&S related obligations;
- Experience in meeting with the general public, contractors’ staff and statutory undertakers’ representatives to discuss, develop, resolve and implement solutions; and
- Hold a relevant CSCS card or equivalent.
Connecting countries, cities and communities, our Transportation team works on some of the most challenging projects of our time. Helping people to travel faster and more efficiently, we transform infrastructure. So, get on board and play a big part in our success.
We’ll value you for going beyond to exceed expectations and deliver innovative solutions nobody else can. After all, we can’t achieve great things without you. So, you can look forward to fantastic rewards and development opportunities.
Atkins recognize that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-Atkins # LI-Transportation #LI-COE
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.salary - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.locationfreetext - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.description - en-GB **
Senior EngineerAtkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals tr
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.reference - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.expirydate - en-GB **
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs