Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
Join our SNC-Lavalin team, and you’ll be a part of a diverse, ambitious business with a strong team spirit.
For more than 40 years in Australia, our people have been carving out rewarding careers on award winning projects. We push the boundaries of innovation for our clients across all major markets; oil & gas, mining & metallurgy, infrastructure and renewables.
SNC-Lavalin is built on our core values of Safety, Integrity, Collaboration and Innovation. Our people drive results and are helping our clients transform their projects from vision into reality. Working with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams we provide consultancy, design, engineering through to self-perform construction, completions & commissioning and operations & maintenance and telecommunications, all underpinned by our digital know-how.
About the Opportunity
We are pleased to be working with our clients to safely deliver operational support of Telecommunications Systems across multiple oil & gas facilities. An exciting opportunity is available for a Network Engineer to work on Perth based Telecoms Maintenance contract. Ad hoc site visits may apply.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Build, Configure, Deliver and Support network infrastructure solutions
- Provide day to day support for the network requirements, change requests, service requests, problem records
- Working with 3rd party hardware and Telco suppliers to ensure delivery expectations are met and issues escalated appropriately
- Assist other Telecoms Engineers for network related components of their projects (e.g. CCTV, UHF Radio, PAGA)
Skills and Experience Required:
- 5+ years of working experience on design, solution, build and support around Data networking related technologies.
- Must have experience with Cisco switching and routing - Wireless Network, Network Monitoring, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention / Detection Systems, Load Balancers, DNS, Cisco ASA, EIGRP, and IPsec VPN in enterprise environment.
- Appropriate industry qualifications in a relevant discipline (e.g. Cisco CCNP etc)
- Experience in an oil and gas environment
- Experience in support of operational telecommunications systems (e.g. Radio, CCTV, Access control)
- Familiarity with change management concepts as part of an ITIL-based service management framework.
About the Benefits
We offer rewarding careers to people who want to be part of our great stories and remarkable achievements.
SNC-Lavalin offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with a great team environment.
We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.
Why join our team?
Located in 13 countries across the Asia Pacific region, SNC-Lavalin operates through its brands, SNC-Lavalin, Kentz and Atkins and our people have worked, and continue to work, on some of the region’s most iconic projects. So join today as a career with us opens up a world of possibilities - being part of a global organisation of over 50,000 employees opportunities await you to collaborate with colleagues on international projects or use your skills and knowledge to create a winning combination for our clients across our other markets.
We’re focused on creating an inclusive, supportive workplace that will enable you to develop and thrive. You’ll work alongside some of the leaders in your field, with opportunities to reach your potential through training and professional development.
Our Latest Articles