North Florida Design Leader
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Chipley, FL staff as a North Florida Design Leader.
Under general direction, serves as a recognized technical specialist, directing the firm's construction services activities in a regional or specific service area. Responsible for the administration and observation of construction activities to determine work quality and substantial conformance with plans and specifications. Represents the firm to the construction project group and has ultimate responsibility for the firm's performance on the project. NOTE: Incumbents do not supervise any contractor's activities and are not responsible for job site safety.
- Responsible for the administration and observation of construction engineering and inspection (CEI) activities to determine work quality and substantial conformance with plans and specifications.
- Represents the firm to the construction project group and has ultimate responsibility for the team’s performance on the project. Incumbents do not supervise any contractor's activities and are not responsible for job site safety.
- Work involves planning, coordination and problem solving on a variety of considerably complex projects, involving several disciplines, contractors and/or regulatory agencies.
- Other duties include managing CEI inspection and administrative staff, marketing and project pursuits, and client development.
- Marketing and Client Maintenance: May participate in pursuing new project opportunities for firm by maintaining contacts with current and prospective clients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering preferred.
- Proven skills in leadership, organization, management, and oral & written communications. Persuasive ability and public speaking skills.
- PE is required.
- An Engineering degree and must be registered in the State of Florida as a Professional Engineer and twelve (12) years of engineering experience and five (5) years of which are in major road or bridge construction.
- Candidates must have experience on Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), Expressway Authority or other Federal Highway Administration funded projects.
- Must be qualified in the respective CTQP / FDOT certifications.
- Communicate effectively in English (verbally and in writing).
- Direct highly complex and specialized engineering administration and inspection programs.
- Plan and organize work of subordinates and staff members.
- Develop and/or review policies, methods, practices, and procedures; and review programs for conformance with FDOT standards.
- Candidates must be proficient in all computer programs required to perform the duties of this position. MS Word / Excel software required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.