Nuclear Safety Engineer
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a Nuclear Safety Engineer to join the nuclear team in Las Vegas, NV.
• This critical position is responsible for providing nuclear safety basis support to the Department of Energy at the NNSS.
• Have senior expertise in DOE/NNSA safety basis development and review in accordance with DOE-STD-3009-2014 and DOE-STD-1189-2016 required
• Have demonstrated capability to generate safety basis supporting documentation/calculations using DOE Tool Box codes (e.g., MELCOR, HotSpot, and MACCS)
• Have the ability to support the preparation and/or review of safety basis documents for nuclear facilities/activities at the NNSS and provide direct support to the nuclear facilities as directed
• This position requires the ability to qualify for a DOE Q security clearance
• United States citizenship is required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• PhD degree with 7 years' experience, M.S. degree with 10 years' experience, or B.S. degree with 12 years' experience
• Documented history of maintaining comprehensive current knowledge of field of expertise and applying the expertise to work effort activities identified
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles