We are looking for an experienced Office Administrator to join our Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T) business based in our Aldershot office. The business is a technical consultancy providing advice and engineering expertise to public, regulated and private sector clients.
The position is varied, working as part of a team providing multidisciplinary support to complex projects in the UK.
A key member of the ADS&T Administrative team working closely with the Office Manager to deliver efficient support within agreed systems, practices and processes.
Office Administration: -
- Report Facilities Management issues and resolve through CBRE/Landlord as directed
- Open the office/escort contractors to relevant areas of the building to undertake work/inspections
- Ensure staff and visitors hold the relevant building access pass.
- Update desk plan and maintain spreadsheets for lockers, pedestals, keys and key safe
- Update Health & Safety notice boards, test Defibrillator and check First Aid box as directed
- Undertake role of Fire Marshal/First Aider, Local Information Assurance & Office Safety Champion.
- Deal with mail, printer issues, shredding, office supplies etc. and maintain tidiness of the office.
- Manage ‘New Starter’ IT Requests and IT kit (including delivery/handover of IT kit)
- Manage ‘Leavers’ IT Requests and IT Kit (including collection of IT kit).
- Maintain and update team and location MS Outlook Distribution Lists via Active Directory
CV Governor -
- Support CV System users on style guidance and formatting to ensure high-quality of CVs
- Review/format/return CVs to ensure they are submitted in accordance with the process
- Once approved – quality check, approve, upload and publish CVs to SharePoint site
- Chase new starters, existing staff and line managers to ensure up to date CVs are available.
- Maintain library ensuring CVs are removed for leavers in order to comply with GDPR.
- Conduct monthly reporting of CV status and update Senior Office Manager accordingly.
Other Admin Support -
- Raise Requests for Service in IT Service systems as directed
- Manage travel requests (e.g. rail, flights, hotel etc.) through Capita when requested
- Coordinate meetings and event arrangements through Capita as required.
- Manage PPE orders through ARCO and arrange delivery as appropriate
- Adhoc administrative tasks as directed by senior staff.
- Cover both Aldershot and Silchester offices with office and IT administration during periods of absence.
What you can bring?
Essential Criteria -
- Previous experience of office administration.
- Educated to GCSE level including English and Maths
- Full valid driving licence
- Experienced user of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.)
- Self-sufficient, ability to work independent from instruction with a proactive approach
- Enthusiastic, reliable, and keen team player with a professional attitude and appearance
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Organised, detail oriented and a master of time management
Note Below: Travel between UK offices will be a requirement of this role.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
Security, aerospace & defence
Our Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T) teams provide independent and objective advice in mission-critical sectors. Join us to make a direct difference in helping our country to achieve
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs