Office Engineer/ Entry-level Engineer - Rail Construction
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Oakland, California team as an Office Engineer/ Entry- level Engineer- Rail Construction.
Under supervision, assists in the administration of construction projects in support of the Office Engineer function.
- Researches contracts, plans and regulatory agency manuals to determine and analyze specifications and requirements;
- Provide procedural, administrative support to Project Staff;
- Reserve/schedule conference rooms and attend weekly progress status meetings with the Contractor;
- Reviews contractors' progress reports and support preparation of progress meeting agendas and minutes;
- Reviews schedules, permits, and progress charts;
- Receive documents from the Contractor and process incoming/outgoing correspondences, transmittals, submittals, RFIs, changes, etc.;
- Keep Submittal and RFI Logs updated;
- Route documents for approval and signatures (RFIs, changes, submittals, etc.);
- Track status of documents (submittals, RFIs, changes, etc.) to ensure timely response and keep Resident Engineer informed of status;
- Review and upload the signed Inspector Daily Reports (IDRs) in the client’s WongCMS database;
- Assist Inspectors with files and database system information, when needed;
- Assist Project Manager and Resident Engineer in the preparation of Change Notices, Change Orders, supplemental agreements and project plan updates;
- Assist in the review of Contractor’s cost proposals and processing of invoices;
- Evaluate, process and route Contractor’s monthly invoices for approval;
- Review and submit Pay Apps;
- Track Contractor’s invoices to ensure timely payment;
- Prepares calculations and documentation to update final estimate package;
- Monitors, records and updates update clients WongCMS (correspondence, transmittals, RFI Log, Submittal Log, material records, etc.);
- Maintain paper files, logs and reports.;
- Process requests for Contractor’s badges and clearances and assist with on-boarding of new staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field. With Associate's degree, eight years of related experience. Without a degree, ten years of related experience is required. Some experience in electronic job data entry is generally required.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, to understand contract plans and specifications, organize information, and use PC and applicable software.
- Professional registrations desired.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles