Offshore Engineering Geologist / 3D Ground Modelling Specialist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Offshore Engineering Geologist / 3D Ground Modelling Specialist
Location: Epsom / London
We have a great opportunity for an ambitious Offshore Engineering Geologist to join our ground engineering team in Epsom. We are seeking an experienced geologist to take a leading role and input into some of our exciting and challenging projects, primarily in the offshore renewables sector.
If you are an Engineering Geologist with a strong background in geophysics and offshore ground modelling, here’s an opportunity to play a prominent role in the Atkins Ground Engineering Team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a leading role in the ground engineering input to some of our most challenging projects, such as ground modelling work for the offshore renewables market globally. The successful candidate will have the flair and ability to help us develop and expand our offshore ground modelling capability, by building on our existing and rapidly expanding portfolio and by developing strong technically-led relationships with our clients.
Candidates should have:
- A strong academic background with a relevant degree (ideally MSc or equivalent).
- Proven experience of acting as an engineering geologist in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment.
- Experience in the development of 3D integrated ground models in the offshore renewables and / or offshore oil and gas sectors.
- Experience in the use of IHS Kingdom software for seismic interpretation and 3D ground modelling.
- Experience in the interpretation of seismic reflection data for offshore ground modelling.
- A flair for innovation and good digital skills.
- Sound problem solving and idea generation ability. Willingness to develop technically with a ‘growth mindset’;
- Excellent technical experience, with proven experience of working on a range of offshore and onshore projects;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with confidence to attend meetings with and build strong relationships with clients.
- A broad range of skills to allow the candidate to also work on other onshore projects in an engineering geological role
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check, check/review work for others and produce high quality, accurate work.
- A willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas.
- Working towards chartership with the Geological Society of London (GSL)
- A UK driving licence.
The following qualities are desirable:
- A high-level appreciation of offshore geophysical data acquisition and processing requirements
- Experience in the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software (ArcGIS, QGIS or similar)
- Experience in and willingness to supervise offshore geotechnical surveys
- UK BOSIET trained
- Experience of project management and in negotiating and running successful jobs.
Training and Development
The learning and development experience in our ground engineering team is different to that at most other companies. Here we thoroughly recognise the importance of our people and we invest for the long term to provide them with the technical, commercial and managerial expertise they need throughout their career. At Atkins our staff continue to learn and develop irrespective of their position or experience.
Our investment includes our acclaimed technical conferences, regular presentations and discussion groups, field trips, bespoke training courses as well as active on the job mentoring. Fulfilling learning and development experiences include the opportunity for international assignments in a variety of countries.
We have also increased our investment even further by launching our Ground Engineering Professionals Programme, facilitating strong professional development to match the passion and skills of our talented people post-chartership.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern for this vacancy. For roles advertised under the category of flexible working we would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.