Offshore NDT Technician (Rota)
Offshore NDT Technician (Rota)
Offshore NDT Technician (ROTA)
Why Join Us?
SNC-Lavalin Industrial Atlantic Inc. is an ISO 9001 Company and a leading provider of Inspection and Quality services to the offshore oil and gas industry and natural resource sectors. Operating from its head office in Paradise, NL, CANADA, SNC-Lavalin has successfully executed onshore and offshore projects around the world including, southeast Asia, West Africa, western Canada's oil sands, south America, UK, Europe and Middle East.
SNC-Lavalin maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance and environmental protection, and is committed to delivering quality projects on budget and on schedule to the complete satisfaction of its clients.
Due to ever expanding operational requirements, we have an immediate opening for a NDT Technician (ROTA) working offshore Newfoundland reporting into our Inspections Manager. The successful candidate(s) should have an IRATA Level 1 or willing to complete certification upon hire. Additionally, the candidate(s) would also have UT2, RT2, MT 2, PT2, CWB 1 and ideally ET2 and API certifications.
The NDT Technician reports directly to the Project Manager.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Inspector must possess in depth knowledge of inspection practices and certification process.
- Carry out non-destructive testing on plant, equipment or structures in a safe, effective and timely manner.
- Assess the integrity and safety of equipment and make sound judgment with regards to the suitability of the equipment and its intended use.
- Perform equipment setup and calibration to comply with industry and company standards.
- Perform Non-destructive examinations/tests to assess quality condition and/or identify defects.
- Follow industry standards for the complete an accurate examination.
- Produce detailed reports of inspections, clearly identifying the scope of the inspection and any defects or anomalies found.
- Ensure that all findings are brought to the attention of the appropriate personnel and when required communicate findings to client at the field location.
- Maintain inspection equipment in good condition, ensuring equipment that requires routine re-calibration or testing is kept up-to-date.
- Pursue work scope for each job to ensure familiarity with the work to be performed.
- Assess personal qualifications to verify compliance with the work scope and client requirements.
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all personnel by using systems and methods of work that are, as far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risk to health or the environment.
- Advise the Inspection Services Manager or Inspection Engineer of inconsistencies between work practices and written documents.
What you will contribute?
- RT2, UT2, MT2, PT2, CWB lvl 1
- IRATA Certification
- 5 – 7 years of inspection experience in an offshore environment
- Completion of 2 Year technical program
- Good working knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory codes and standards
- Proficient in inspection techniques and methodologies applicable to the current certifications
- Proficient in reading and interpreting P&ID’s, isometric and structural drawings
- Willingness to travel occasionally and to work flexible hours
- Proficiency in the processes and procedures applicable to an ISO 9000 environment
- Awareness of and appreciation for the process of Continuous Improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to recognize and resolve conflict
- Pay rates are competency-based and wages range from $785.94 - $969.23 per day, pending qualifications and experience
- Terms of employment: Full-time position (ROTA=)
- Work schedule: 12 hours per day, 1 – Rotational Role 3 weeks on / 3 weeks off, 1 – Campaign Role – offshore days will be vary pending client demands
- Must successfully complete a medical assessment, fitness for work and all regulatory offshore readiness training
- The ability and willingness to continue with higher level professional training and development is an integral focus area
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs