Offshore Wind Asset Management and O&M Lead
Offshore Wind Asset Management and O&M Lead
Offshore Wind Asset Management and O&M Lead
At SNC-Lavalin Atkins, we invest in people. As as one of the world’s leading engineering and design consultancies. Our philosophy is to help our people navigate a career path which enables them to achieve their ambitions. We offer flexible, rewarding careers tailored towards career progression, which are founded on the principles of growth, ambition and excellence.
Our global Resources business is delivering engineering, design and consultancy solutions to the renewables, oil and gas, electrical generation, transmission and distribution sectors all over the world. People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the energy sector and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
With the COVID-19 pandemic, 2020 has been unprecedented in the challenges that the world and the offshore industry has faced. Despite these challenges, the industry remains a key sector to deliver global climate targets and to provide low carbon energy for future generations, and as such we are delighted to re-start our recruitment campaign to attract the best talent into Atkins.
The past few months have also highlighted what a truly global business we are, with our use of digital collaboration platforms enabling globally diverse teams to continue delivering for our clients no matter where staff are based. Our well-established flexible working practices and digital approach have proven that having a positive work life balance is achievable even in the most challenging of times, making Atkins a great place to develop your career. Although the future remains uncertain, the tools, systems and support available to you upon joining will enable a successful, remote induction into the business and will enhance your ability to work flexibly and remotely if required.
Atkins’ offshore engineering capability dates back to the 1970’s and we have been at the forefront of the market ever since. Much of our capability originated in the oil and gas sector, and we are still heavily involved in this area. However, we have successfully transferred many of our skills onto a growing number of fixed and floating offshore renewables projects.
- Own the Asset Management and O&M element of the strategy and steer Offshore Wind market focused activity using resources from across all sectors.
- Develop robust relationships with existing and emerging clients, achieving budget by cross-selling and accessing more of the addressable spend.
- Ensure the full technical Asset Management and O&M capability of the Atkins/SNC Lavalin group is understood, sold and deployed to this rapidly growing sub-market in core countries and by following key clients to new but sustainable locations.
- Deeply understand the market and client drivers and translate these into opportunities.
- Build Atkins position and new service lines in the sub-market in core SNC Lavalin countries (using partnerships where required through a reputation for excellence and quality of delivery).
- Demonstrable client and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong experience in developing asset management and O&M services.
- Track record in account management with blue chip companies and renewables developers.
- Deep experience and knowledge of the renewable and offshore wind sector and the ability to translate developments into opportunities for Atkins/SNC Lavalin.
- A well-rounded leadership and management background with demonstrable experience of management, project delivery, and business development.
- A proven track record of delivery of achieving targets and growing share of a market.
- Proven ability to develop and upsell adjacent services, building from existing services.
- Take accountability for all Asset Management and O&M activity that will include sales and margin growth, proposition development and some project delivery.
- Advise on bid strategy and contracting approach activities.
- Take ownership of budgets and target achievement.
- Be the recognised expert, translating market changes and developments into opportunities for Atkins. Monitor competitor activity, responding/pre-empting as required.
- Work with the Offshore Wind Market Director to develop market strategy and 1 and 2-year plans.
- Pioneer a team from multiple sectors and work to develop and implement sales strategy within the market.
- Actively head up the key client stakeholder engagement, opening and broadening Atkins relationships.
- Ensure that Atkins responds to create new propositions for the market and key clients. These approaches may vary between countries and client types.
- Develop strategic partnerships to contribute to the client’s success and developing a sustainable, long term relationship.
- Develop a cross sector project execution strategy to secure and deliver ever larger projects ensuring.
- Proactively identify and develop cross-selling opportunities propositions across the Atkins/SNC Lavalin group.
- Promote Atkins’ brand and reputation, stimulating the market with insights, thought leadership and innovation.
- Identify and develop alliances and partnerships with Offshore Wind Market Director that drive significant growth in this area.
- Deep knowledge of Asset Management and O&M services in the Offshore Wind Market, backed by similar experience in other sectors. This should cover both technical integrity management and strategic asset management.
- Ability to analyse market potential, and position Atkins as a partner and supplier through a reputation for excellence, problem solving and quality of delivery.
- A hard working and flexible person, who is a team player, possesses great attention to detail, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst able to keep cool under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines.
- Experience of working successfully within the UK, Europe and North America.
- A high expectation of performance for themselves and other members of the team.
- Customer focused with excellent relationship management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to build and motivate a team.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi- discipline team.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring members of the team.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients.
- Be available to travel across the UK and work away from home, including periods overseas on assignments.
- Degree level or equivalent professional qualification.
- Formal Sales and Marketing qualifications/training desirable.
Let's shape the future by doing things right.
You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We're passionate about what we do, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Simply put, this a great place to be. So, when it comes to your life outside of work, ask us about our flexible and remote working policies designed to help you get the most out of life.
Why work for Atkins?
The UK is the first major economy to legislate for a Net Zero target by 2050. To achieve this, our Energy Teams are ensuring a mix of secure and sustainable energies that can meet our industry and lifestyle demands today, and in 30 years' time. We help to power our world through exciting new technologies and intelligent cybersecurity systems on projects that vary greatly in size, scope, and scale. So, you'll be creating the right safe and resilient systems across nuclear power, renewables, decarbonisation development, new builds and energy efficiency.
We value your diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive – no exceptions. You'll be part of a culture committed to finding new talent from underrepresented groups. We're Disability Confident, an Inclusive Employer, and support STEM Returners. We also want to see more women in senior roles at Atkins. In the energy sector, we've signed up to the AXIS Pledge, promising to make equal pay, equal leadership, and equal opportunities a reality.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy “Total Reward,” a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs