OLE Design Engineer
OLE Design Engineer
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
The Central Rail Systems Alliance is formed by partners Network Rail, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and TSO. The CRSA is responsible for the delivery of multi-disciplinary railway upgrade projects on the North West & Central and Eastern regions of Network Rail’s recently devolved routes. The programme of works delivered by the teams is valued at £2bn and manages the development, design and delivery of Switches and Crossings and Plain Line renewals as its core business but is also responsible for the delivery of major enhancement projects.
We undertake projects from feasibility through to detailed design and construction management. Our engineers are skilled in the design of OLE projects, Layout Plans, Cross sections, Switching cross sections, Section Diagrams and Bonding plans.
We have committed forward workload and a strategy to achieve growth through expanding our existing client base to provide consultancy services including outline design, detailed design, and consultancy advice.
- You will hold a minimum qualification of HNC in Electrical/Mechanical discipline
- An experience proven in the production of all aspects attributed to OLE designs
- Experience at managing interface issues with other disciplines on multi-discipline engineering projects
- Good understanding of Network Rail Standards, Group Standards, British / European Standards and Railway Safety Principles
- Proficient in the use of Microstation CAD system
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ideally you will hold a Degree and be working towards Chartered Engineer status with relevant and appropriate experience of OLE engineering design /consultancy
- An understanding in the use of Auto Cad
- Able to think logically and laterally, solving problems creatively and assessing them rationally
- Able to multitask and respond to short-notice changes
- Able to act with initiative and to take responsibility
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently and within a team
- Able to organise self and others
- Able to work to time and cost budgets
- Able to learn about new subjects quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express ideas, concerns, solutions, suggestions in written or oral form in such a way as to be understood by those with or without a technical background
- Positive with a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Able to demonstrate experience in a similar role
- Willing to work with Clients and their project teams
- Identify and input to activities in support of the wider business objectives that may draw upon skills in addition to those outlined above
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs