OLE Senior Design Engineer
OLE Senior Design Engineer
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
Atkins is one of the world's leading rail engineers. Its rail business is the largest in its field in Europe.
We undertake projects from feasibility through to detailed design and construction management. Our engineers are skilled in the design of OLE projects, Layout Plans, Cross sections, Switching cross sections, Section Diagrams and Bonding plans.
We have committed forward workload and a strategy to achieve growth through expanding our existing client base to provide consultancy services including outline design, detailed design, and consultancy advice.
- You will hold a minimum qualification of HNC in Electrical/Mechanical discipline.
- An experience proven in the production of all aspects attributed to OLE designs.
- Experience at managing interface issues with other rail engineering disciplines on multi-discipline engineering projects.
- Experience at managing interface issues with remote design teams both in the UK and overseas.
- Good understanding of Network Rail Standards, Group Standards, British / European Standards and Railway Safety Principles.Proficient in the use of Microstation CAD system.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ideally you will hold a Degree and be working towards Chartered Engineer status with relevant and appropriate experience of OLE engineering design /consultancy.
- An understanding in the use of Auto Cad.
- Able to think logically and laterally, solving problems creatively and assessing them rationally.
- Able to multitask and respond to short-notice changes.
- Able to act with initiative and to take responsibility.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently and within a team.
- Able to organise self and others.
- Able to work to time and cost budgets.
- Able to learn about new subjects quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express ideas, concerns, solutions, suggestions in written or oral form in such a way as to be understood by those with or without a technical background.
- Positive with a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Able to demonstrate experience in a similar role.
- Willing to work with Clients and their project teams.
- Identify and input to activities in support of the wider business objectives that may draw upon skills in addition to those outlined above.
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs