Onshore Lifting Technician - Level 1
SNC-Lavalin Industrial Atlantic Inc. is an ISO 9001 Company and a leading provider of Inspection and Quality services to the offshore oil and gas industry and natural resource sectors. Operating from its head office in Paradise, NL, CANADA, SNC-Lavalin has successfully executed onshore and offshore projects around the world including, southeast Asia, West Africa, western Canada's oil sands, south America, UK, Europe and Middle East.
SNC-Lavalin maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance and environmental protection, and is committed to delivering quality projects on budget and on schedule to the complete satisfaction of its clients.
Due to expanding operational requirements, we have opening for Lifting Technician. The role will act as a key contributor to support lifting and hoisting relating inspections for all fixed hoists and cranes (monorail cranes, gantry cranes, etc.), loose lifting gear (chain falls, slings, hoists, trolleys, etc.), fixed lifting points (monorails, pad eyes etc.), fall protection and abseiling equipment, lifting hooks and blocks, wire ropes and platform pedestal crane structural components. The Lifting Technician (will report directly to the Inspections Services Manager.
- Ensure inspections are carried out in accordance with the requirements of CAPP Atlantic Canada, Safe Lifting Practice and all Owner specific requirements.
- Plan, develop and execute inspection activities for fixed equipment and loose equipment.
- Support development and ongoing inputs to compliance matrixes showing regulatory requirements and development of associated work methods to meet regulatory and client changes.
- Develop reports detailing the findings of inspection activities, interpret the inspection findings and make recommendations for remedial work and for future inspection scheduling.
- Establish techniques for NDT examination for lifting equipment, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations.
- Carry out high quality, consistent and professional inspections produce and deliver inspection reports using best in class tools for on-site reporting and immediate client access.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in relevant standards and legislation, acting as an advisor to on-site client representatives.
- Verify that all equipment is maintained to an acceptable standard and is certified fit for purpose.
- Fully utilize all operational and technical systems available ensuring accurate data is inputted and reflected.
- Remain current with all applicable legislative requirements.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience
- Completion of either a 2 or 3 year Industrial or Mechanical Diploma
- LEEA or equivalent Certification
- CGSB MT2, PT 2 and/or CWB would be considered an asset
- Extensive knowledge of relevant regulatory codes and standards (API RP 2D, API 2C, API A9, ASME B30.2, etc.)
- Proficient in the use all Microsoft software applications
- Terms of employment: Permanent position
- Work Schedule: 8 hours day, Monday – Friday, additional hours based on collective agreement and client demands
- Must successfully complete a medical assessment, fitness for work and all regulatory offshore readiness training
- The ability and willingness to continue with higher level professional training and development is an integral focus area
- Health & Dental Benefits Package
- Registered retirement Savings Plan
- Opportunities for Professional Development and Advanced Technical Training
While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note interviews for this position will happen early January 2020 after the Holiday season.