Operation Control Center Representative
Brun-Way Highways Operations Inc. is seeking a qualified individual for the permanent full-time position of Operations Control Centre Representative (OCCR) to start as soon as possible. Brun-Way is responsible for 275 kilometres of the Trans-Canada Highway from the Quebec border to Longs Creek (west of Fredericton) and Route 95 between Woodstock and the Houlton Border until the year 2033.
The Operations Control Centre (OCC) is Brun-Way’s centralized total services business model. The OCC consolidates several core processes including end-to-end service requests pertaining to operational matters, highway maintenance and emergencies, as well as account management.
The OCC operates 24/7 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week), 12 hour shifts both night and day on a rotating shift Sunday to Saturday.
- Handle customer requests and issues (both routine and urgent) if necessary, dispatching the appropriate staff for the location of incident.
- Perform various administrative functions.
- Liaison with external agencies and coordinate implementation action with internal staff and suppliers as required for any incident that may arise on the operating facility.
- Input all highway incident related data into the Computerized Management System, including actions taken and field reported details on accident and facility damages.
- Initiate communication contact and supply highway operational and maintenance information (e.g. weather and road conditions, planned and emergency road closures) to external sources in compliance with the Brun-Way policies.
- Monitor cameras and process information for external clients.
- Strong verbal communication skills in English as well as French
- Exceptional telephone, customer service and computer skills
- Demonstrated analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates strong initiative and follow-through coordination skills
- Able to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- People Soft / JD Edwards experience a definite asset
- Adaptable and flexible to change
- Ability to work independently & as a team member
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles