Why join us?
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated Operations Coordinator to join our Lake City, Florida team. The ideal candidate will provide administrative and operations support to the manager of a large technical operating unit. Act as extension of manager's authority in administrative matters. Incumbent holds a position of responsibility, which includes compilation, analysis and presentation of operational data, preliminary budget development, and tracking of projects and budgets. Acts as liaison between manager and the clients and staff and is charged with information flow across a wide organization. Plays proactive role in ensuring that budgets, goals, and deadlines are met by monitoring progress and keeping manager well informed with up-to-date reports, graphs, and other decision-making tools. We seek career mind individuals!
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, technology, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Supports the GEC Program Manager with the administration and contract execution.
- Coordinates contract requirements, purchasing, subconsultant invoices, and task work orders.
- Works with supervisors on GEC training needs.
- Supports Corporate Safety Office with the GEC Program.
- Establishes and monitors tracking spreadsheets for work products and services provided.
- Acts as liaison between manager and his/her staff, as well as clients and prospective clients, responding to inquiries and requests for information/approval and/or directing to appropriate staff, as required.
- Responsible for the compilation of data and the preparation of monthly reports and preliminary budgets. Confers with managers' direct reports to ensure budget items are reasonable before presentation to the manager. Monitors project progress/charges, adjusting budgets and monitoring revenue generation, project performance, and budget conformance throughout the year. Advises unit managers on items needing attention, e.g., when marketing expenditures are close to exceeding budgeted amount.
- Coordinates operations within organization unit to ensure consistency with policies and procedures.
- Assists manager with the initiation and/or processing of personnel actions.
- Analyzes project control reports and profit planning monitors to ensure expenses have been accurately charted to proper account and proper organization. Advises managers when corrections are needed.
- Develops charts and graphs based on financial reports, and updates them as needed for meetings, monthly reports, or presentations.
- Assists in the development of presentations to clients and prospective clients.
- Prepares organization charts for various operating units.
- May coordinate and attend meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- May perform such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Business Administration, plus 3 years' experience.
- Without a degree, requires twelve years' experience in progressively responsible administrative work.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required. Knowledge of business administration practices and principles, including finance and accounting.
- Computer skills required, particularly in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge of the consulting engineering industry helpful.
- Ability to deal effectively and harmoniously with people at all levels of the organization.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs