Operations Performance Assistant - Fixed Term
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
As part of the Performance and Planning team, the incumbent will assist the Operations Performance Supervisor in all aspects of Operations Planning, Operations Performance and Contractual Performance Analysis and perform Office Administrative tasks. The successful candidate will be part of the BC Government Employees Union (BCGEU).
This position is a 6 month fixed term that may lead to permanent employment.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist the Operations Performance Supervisor in all aspects of Operations Planning, Operations Performance and Contractual Performance Analysis activities.
- Assist in all aspects of Contractual Performance calculations, including but not limited to the operation of various complex software systems and the production of various reports in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Analyze data for irregularities and be able to clarify it.
- Find trends in mass amounts of data.
- Assist in all operations planning activities, including but not limited to the production of Operations Plans and related documents, Special Event planning, analysis of ridership, compilation of operations planning data for internal and external consumers.
- Assist in all aspects of producing Operations Plans, including but not limited to consultations with various departments and teams, design and production of necessary ATC train schedules, verification of train schedules, verification of alternate service plans and overrun plans.
- Perform various office administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
- Entering, maintaining and reporting data using various software tools (e.g. Excel, Word, JDE, SharePoint, VISIO).
- Assisting with the production of security badges in coordination with supervisors and managers.
- Distributing and maintaining accurate records of company keys.
- Handling, packaging and entering lost-and-found items for shipping to TransLink
- Organizing, entering and forwarding commendations and complaints from the public
- Assist with the production of Shift Assignment documents
- Receiving, sorting and distributing correspondence courier, post and email
- Assisting with the ordering, receipt and maintenance of office supplies
- Perform regular maintenance of internal document archives pertaining to the functions of the Performance and Planning team.
- Assist the Scheduling Coordinator on an as needed basis and cover in his/her absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in an appropriate discipline.
- Excellent technical problem solving and investigative skills (will be evaluated).
- Minimum Grade 12 level mathematics proficiency (will be evaluated).
- Excellent command of written English: Ability to summarize concisely, write without grammar, spelling or punctuation mistakes and use business writing for a professional audience (will be evaluated).
- Fluent in the use of computer software, including spreadsheet tools and databases.
- Flexible with regard to working hours and able to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Available to be contacted outside normal working hours in order to respond to an operational requirement, incident or emergency.
- Demonstrable proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Will occasionally be required to work special hours to support projects.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel is preferred.
- A combination of experience and education may also be considered.
Hourly Rate of Pay: $32.27
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.