Operations Performance Specialist (Rail O&M)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Operations Performance Specialist, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, will ensure that each Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Contractor meets their contractual requirements in terms of operational performance.
The Operations Performance Specialist role will include timetable and roster analysis/approvals, KPI analysis and forward planning of capacity requirements.
The Operations Performance Specialist will also have experience in operations planning of a driverless Metro and be responsible for tracking and analysis of deviations to the targeted performances and ensure that the O&M Contractors propose and implement successful corrective measures.
Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the Metro Services Delivery Team:
- Oversee all pre-launch Metro Service activities.
- Oversee initial set up and mobilisation of the O&M Contractors.
- Verify O&M Contractor’s compliance to Contract and to Client’s satisfaction.
- Measure progress of O&M Contractors against contractual milestones.
- Measure O&M Contractor's KPI performance.
- Monitor, audit and report the KPIs regime and quality management system.
- Perform roster analysis, approval, KPI analysis and forward planning for capacity.
- Evaluate and adjust performance regime where required.
- Responsible for tracking and analysing deviations to targeted performance.
- Report to the Senior Manager (and Programme Director) on any Service Delivery issues.
- Report and advise the Client on Service Delivery.
- Support the O&M Contractors to obtain the licence to operate.
- Supervise Trial Operations.
- Supervise launch of the Metro Service.
- Propose and implement successful corrective measures to improve performance of the Metro System.
The Operations Performance Specialist will also be expected to:
- Review O&M Contractor’s documentation.
- Timetable and roster analysis/approvals.
- Forward planning of capacity requirements.
- Perform Site Inspection visits to evaluate Operational Readiness.
- Undertake Training Observation.
- Oversee Testing and Commissioning (T&C) activities.
- Support the Commercial phase.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty as assigned.
Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent desirable;
A minimum of 5 years’ experience and/or training;
Or equivalent combination of education and training.
IET (or equivalent) / IRO membership preferable.
Knowledge and Experience
Experience working on complex multi-disciplined projects essential.
Technical management experience essential.
Railway O&M experience desirable.
Middle East experience desirable.
Skills and Aptitude
Client management skills.
Very good command of spoken English essential.
Very good command of written English essential.
Good command of Arabic desirable.
Ability with other languages desirable.
- Working to tight deadlines.
- Working with multiple priorities.
- Managing project deadlines.
- Resourceful and flexible, with a keen eye for detail and strong work ethic.
- Able to promote team cohesiveness and build relationships of trust.
- Able to identify and resolve HS&E project risks.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- 21 working days annual leave, 6 day work week
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants