Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking an Operations Supervisor to join the nuclear team in Oak Ridge, TN.
- Stops work without fear of reprisal for unsafe conditions potentially affecting personnel safety or environmental risk.
- Participates in the hiring process that ensures positions are staffed with personnel who possess the appropriate education and experience and who can be successful in meeting training and qualification requirements that ensure personnel are appropriately indoctrinated and trained to the necessary competence level for performing their duties.
- Manages the activities, professional development and performance of personnel performing work within their respective department
- Ensures compliant and efGcient performance of operations and maintenance within assigned facility.
- Directs facility surveillances/rounds and reviews Round Sheets.
- Ensures facility access control is maintained and ensures that visitors without access training are properly escorted.
- Ensures that facility operations personnel are trained to perform their job and trained regarding emergency response actions and serves as Emergency Response Supervisor during emergencies until relieved by Lab Superintendent. Notifies Facility Manager of incidents, occurrences, abnormal occurrences, deficiencies non-conformances and other noteworthy conditions or activities, as required.
- Leads, or participates in, facility Plan of the Day.
- Identifies facility maintenance and upgrades needed to maintain compliance with Environmental Safety Health (ESH) and Quality Assurance (QA) requirements.
- Ensures that operations are conducted accordance with requirements of safety documentation including Documented Safety Analysis (DSA) and Technical Safety Requirements CTSR)] and in accordance with Conduct of Operations guidelines and approved procedures.
- Executes operations and maintenance in accordance with established plans and procedures and ensures that good housekeeping practices are followed throughout the facility and surrounding grounds.
- Participates in facility Job Hazard Evaluation development.
- Serves as a Fissionable Material Supervisor (FMS) responsible for implementation of applicable elements of Nuclear Criticality Safety (NCS) Program for assigned operations).
- Notifies management of any adverse conditions affecting the ability of the area to comply with established NCS requirements and for performing identified corrective actions.
- Job function also includes responsibility for fissionable material operation, including direct supervision of Fissionable Material
- Workers conducting work activities.
- Authorizes all work control tasks initiated with assigned facility and oversees the development of alignment checklists and independent verifications.
- Approves lockout/tag outs and remains aware of current status of lockout/tag outs and issues Administrative Control Tags (ACTs) and resolves enduring use of ACTs.
- Maintains the narrative Operations Logbook, includes efficient equipment statuses are noted.
- During equipment testing, ensures equipment capability is proven and documents return to service &Supports the execution of Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) guiding principles and core functions and the Isotek Safety Culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma
- Supervisory experience required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to plan short- and long-term actions.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles