Why join us?
We are hiring! The Operations Supervisor is an integral part of our Nuclear team. This position is based in our office in Oak Ridge, TN.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Stops work without fear of reprisal for unsafe conditions potentially affecting personnel safety or environmental risk.
- Participates in the hiring process that ensures positions are staffed with personnel who possess the appropriate education and experience and who can be successful in meeting training and qualification requirements that ensure personnel are appropriately indoctrinated and trained to the necessary competence level for performing their duties.
- Manages the activities, professional development and performance of personnel performing work within their respective department.
- Ensures compliant and efficient performance of operations and maintenance within assigned facility.
- Directs facility surveillances/rounds and reviews Round Sheets.
- Ensures facility access control is maintained and ensures that visitors without access training are properly escorted.
- Ensures that facility operations personnel are trained to perform their job and trained regarding emergency response actions and serves as Emergency Response Supervisor during emergencies until relieved by Lab Superintendent.
- Notifies Facility Manager of incidents, occurrences, abnormal occurrences, deficiencies non-conformances and other noteworthy conditions or activities, as required.
- Leads, or participates in, facility Plan of the Day.
- Identifies facility maintenance and upgrades needed to maintain compliance with Environmental Safety Health (ESH) and Quality Assurance (QA) requirements.
- Ensures that operations are conducted in accordance with requirements of safety documentation [including Documented Safety Analysis (DSA) and Technical Safety Requirements (TSR)] and in accordance with Conduct of Operations guidelines and approved procedures.
- Executes operations and maintenance in accordance with established plans and procedures and ensures that good housekeeping practices are followed throughout the facility and surrounding grounds.
- Participates in facility Job Hazard Evaluation development.
- Serves as a Fissionable Material Supervisor (FMS) responsible for implementation of all applicable elements of Nuclear Criticality Safety (NCS) Program for assigned operation(s).
- Notifies management of any adverse conditions affecting the ability of the area to comply with established NCS requirements and for performing identified corrective actions.
- Job function also includes responsibility for fissionable material operation, including direct supervision of Fissionable Material Workers conducting work activities.
- Authorizes all work control tasks initiated within assigned facility and oversees the development of alignment checklists and independent verifications.
- Approves lockout/tagouts and remains aware of current status of lockout/tagouts and issues Administrative Control Tags (ACTs) and resolves enduring use of ACTs.
- Maintains the narrative Operations Logbook, including ensuring deficient equipment statuses are noted.
- During equipment testing, ensures equipment capability is proven and documents return to service.
- Supports the execution of Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) guiding principles and core functions and the Isotek Safety Culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- High school diploma.
- Two-year Associates degree with chemistry desired
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter.
- US citizenship required for Atkins Global Isotek Systems project positions.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong communication, verbal and written skills
- Ability to plan short- and long-term actions.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs