Operations Support Specialist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Oak Ridge, TN Nuclear Group as an Operations Support Specialist.
• Stops work without fear or reprisal for unsafe conditions potentially affecting personnel safety or environmental risk.
• Serves as back-up to the U233 Database Manager.
• Supports maintenance of the U233 database.
• Provides support for planning of material moves and development of evolution plans and data packages.
• Serves as back-up Process Manager.
• Performs assessments of Operations and Engineering as requested.
• Supports the development of operating procedures and work instructions for process equipment operations.
• Reviews detailed designs and provides comments/suggestions from the operation and maintenance perspective.
• Assists in regular review of various aspects of operation, design and maintenance activities.
• Assist with commissioning and testing of new processing and plant equipment.
• Supports the execution of Integrated Safety Management Systems (ISMS) guiding principles and core functions and Isotek Safety Culture.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Strong communication, verbal and written skills
• Ability to interface at all levels of organization
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Baccalaureate in Engineering or related science
• 10 years of experience in nuclear operations, with 2 years job related experience preferred
• US Citizenship required for Isotek Systems, LLC, project positions
• Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles