Why join us?
We are hiring! The Operations Technician is an integral part of our Nuclear team. This position is based in our office in Oak Ridge, TN.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Maintains compliance with requirements of safety documentation [including Documented Safety Analysis (DSA) and Technical Safety Requirements (TSR)] and in accordance with Conduct of Operations guidelines and approved procedures.
- Oversees activities of support personnel to ensure compliance with ESH&Q and facility-specific requirements.
- Identifies potential occurrences or upset/unusual conditions and reports them to the Operations Supervisor.
- Ensures good housekeeping and combustible loading requirements are met.
- Conducts process operations in accordance with approved programs, procedures, and As Low as Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) principles.
- Performs work as Fissionable Material Handler (FMH) responsible for operating process equipment containing fissionable material or handling, moving or otherwise changing the location of fissionable material. Able to learn FMH controls, pass an exam, and maintain proficiency.
- Supports facility operations and maintenance activities that would require wearing a respirator if needed.
- Performs walkdowns, validations for new processes and procedures.
- Labels system components by procedure guidelines.
- Operates manlifts, forklifts, bridge crane and handles rigging operations.
- Supports (he execution of Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) guiding principles and core functions and the Isotek Safety Culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- Minimum high school diploma
- US citizenship required for Atkins Global Isotek Systems project positions
- 4 years of DOE/Nuclear Operations experience preferred
- Forklift or manlift operating experience
- Hoisting and rigging experience
- Experience working remotely with fissile materials and in radiological contamination areas including Hot Cells
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter
- Basic communication, verbal and written skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn ventilation, steam, air and water system components and functionality and qualify to operate systems
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs