Oracle E-Business Suite Application Developer
Atkins Ltd part of the SNC-Lavalin Group is one of the leading engineering Global consultancies. It requires world leading technology services.
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen for an Oracle E-Business Suite Application Developer, based in Epsom, to work as a team member within the Corporate Systems (HR, Payroll Finance, Customer Relationship Management, Project Management) function to ensure there is the most effective use of IT and to help in the achievement of business targets. The role reports to the Senior Oracle E-Business Product Specialist.
The core focus of this role will be on corporate Systems for HR, Payroll and Reward; Oracle EBS. Experience of this system is essential.
The role will undertake:
Support for the wider team and business including Senior Product Specialist, Technical Corporate System team, System Users and Project Team members .
Develop, maintain and implement changes with a strong focus on HR, Reward and Payroll.
Assist with the preparation of detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
Own and be responsible for the technical design, development, documentation, testing, implementation and support of the Oracle EBS applications.
Key in supporting the team and enabling issue resolution and trouble shooting.
Support, maintain and develop the integration between Workday HCM and Oracle EBS.
The candidate will need to be able to clarify tasks and work with minimal supervision. A knowledge of OIC would be beneficial.
- Degree level intellect.
- Good awareness of technology and the benefits it can offer an organisation.
- Oracle HRMS HR/Payroll systems knowledge
- Workday HCM system knowledge
- Good awareness of the development lifecycle for: code development through to code release and support
- Ability to co-ordinate, analyse, design and develop requirements
- Ability to work with all levels and stakeholders and to systematically analyse, cleanse, and maintain ERP data and production issues
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to understand and implement technical configuration changes to the E-Business Suite modules
- SQL, Toad, FastFormula, Discoverer, Oracle BI-Publisher, Oracle Reports, Oracle Applications/Development Framework (OAF/ADF)
- Self managing with minor supervision. Seeks input from mentors and supervisors and actively seeks to apply feedback to improve performance and career growth.
- HR functional knowledge
- Reward/Payroll functional knowledge
- Workday technical knowledge
- Producing Development deliverables, considering several processes possibly across more than one system.
- Working closely with the wider technical team and business analyst, leading elements of the development and design tasks and being responsible for production of specified design/support deliverables
- Supporting integrations inbound and outbound with minor supervision & guidance.
- Managing configuration changes and owning the impacts throughout the change lifecycle.
- Working with Design, Systems Analysts, and Solution Architects to support them in the Design / Functional Specification of solutions.
- Supporting the Technical Systems Team/Business Analyst with tasks to produce Business Cases (e.g. costs and benefits) and Project Management documentation and ad hoc analysis.
- Development of technical and functional documentation, deployment plans, deployment scripts, test plans and test scripts.
- Supporting the Technical Systems Team/Business Analyst with tasks associated with business readiness for implementation.
- Representing the Technical Systems Team in communication with the customer.
- To champion and support the continuous improvement of Oracle EBS system development and maintenance.
- Awareness and involvement in the change processes for all projects
- Work with the Corporate Systems function on complex solutions from proof of concept, design and development to test and deploy.
- Work closely with the business and others in IT to develop new solutions and extend the functionality of Oracle EBS
- Coordinate, analyse, design and development of reports
- Work with Business Analyst, wider Technical team leads and Functional teams to systematically analyse, cleanse, and maintain ERP data and current production issues
- Help maintain interfaces from third party systems for import/export into/from Oracle EBS
- Minor travel required to other Atkins offices in the UK and potentially minor overseas travel.
- Methodical, logical.
- Analytical, questioning aptitude.
- Ability to surface all different stakeholder perspectives to enable a consensus on the right design.
- Customer focused.
- Enthusiastic and self motivated.
- Good interpersonal skills and communications skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent documentation skills
- Lateral and free thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a team with a sense of urgency with the confidence to escalate when this is not feasible.
- Business systems focus.
- Flexible attitude to work.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles