Why join us?
Our Denver Team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization, we would like to connect with you. Atkins is currently involved is some of the most important infrastructure projects in Colorado. These projects will improve the community we live and shape the area for generations.
This position is based at a Client site in Denver, CO metro area with travel to other projects as needed. The Senior Scheduler primarily works on behalf of external clients and must be able to review the Contractor’s schedule with the interest of the client in mind. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring compliance with the specifications and industry best practice. In this capacity, the Senior Scheduler will review and comment on the Contractor’s Baseline Schedule, Monthly Progress Updates, change orders fragnets, and provides quantitative analyses related to potential claims. Additionally, the scope of this position may include capital cost estimating (related to project change orders) and performing risk assessments depending on the needs of the client and skills of the potential candidate. This is a full-time role that comes with robust benefits. Seeking candidates that want long term tenure and are career minded.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Supports senior scheduling staff, the project team, and stakeholders on managing schedules for a successful project delivery
- Coordinate with project team to evaluate and verify the actual progress of project schedule over time
- Determines reasonable schedule logic, durations, and constraints based on discussion with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Evaluate and quantify the Contractor’s assumed productivity and resource requirements based on a review of their proposed schedule
- Evaluate and identify critical and near critical path activities
- Creates schedule reports/indicators in accordance with the contract requirements
- Identifies major milestones, critical approvals, and long lead procurement items and be able to ensure the interdependencies of these items are accurately shown in the schedule
- Assesses actual progress based on site inspections
- Identifies schedule changes and trends over a number of time periods
- Monitor and report schedule deliverables
- Conduct schedule review meetings with the project stakeholders
- Communicate and present schedule status to multiple stakeholders
- Suggests corrective actions and/or develop recovery plans when delays are anticipated or occur
- Be able to select a forensic schedule analysis approach in order to evaluate schedule delays, following AACE guidance and recommendations.
- Provide lessons learned through-out the project
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Construction Management, or related degree and/or experience
- Five years of P6 experience
- Large capital construction projects experience
- Experience working with variety of contract delivery methods including design-bid-build, design/build, and CMGC
- Candidate with a background in heavy civil projects including highway, transit, airports, utilities, and/or water infrastructure is preferred
- Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities
- Must be able to negotiate with a Contractor in circumstances where there may be differing and contentious points of view
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Primavera scheduling products (P6) and report preparation skills
- Competent in Microsoft Project schedule product
- PSP Certification is preferred
- Membership with AACE, PMI or CMAA is preferred
What we offer at ATKINS:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Group Insurance.
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program.
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
ATKINS is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review ATKINS Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencie
Target salary scale of $90,000-$110,000.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs