The package manager is in charge of coordinating and supervising one or more construction projects in nuclear decommissioning. They will oversee the construction phase of the project and oversee other workers. They will ensure that projects are done in time and within the budget. The package manager is a key asset to a core team delivering decommissioning projects on a nuclear licensed site and will be required to ensure their package/task is done well and on time. They will answer to everyone involved in the project including the client and finishes the project in the allocated budget.
The package manager will be required to:
- Delivery of scope identified on the core team;
- Act as the Project Managers nominee by delivering key Project responsibilities to scope, schedule, cost and quality by delivering safe and effective results and meeting targets to satisfy all stakeholder requirements;
- Promote the standards and expectations of safety behaviour maintaining high levels of safety for all operations;
- Liaise with JV partners and sub-contractors on Safety issues;
- Collate data in conjunction with the Quality Dept;
- Update/maintain activities on the Quality Plan;
- Liaise with contractor on Quality issues;
- Uphold standards in quality behaviour;
- Update and manage the project programme through liaison with the Planning and Cost Engineers;
- Preparation of work enabling documentation in support of task delivery;
- Liaise with Contractors on planning, programme & cost issues;
- Prepare Agenda’s for such as weekly and monthly project meetings, both internal and contractor;
- Hold and chair weekly and monthly project meetings, both internal and contractor, ensuring accurate minutes are taken and issued;
- Prepare an 8 week look ahead for each task for discussion and inclusion in the progress meetings;
- Collate performance data and ensure accurate reporting of project progress & cost conjunction with the Planning and Cost Engineers;
- Produce an overall monthly report in a format agreed with the Project Manager;
- Collate Project Implementation plan;
- Identify, assess, record, update risks which would prevent successful delivery – Risk register – assumptions – exclusions;
- Collate data for Plant Status Reports;
- Respond to actions from Client audits;
- Respond to new Task Orders & ITT’s in conjunction with Cost Engineer;
- Establish and manage the projects budget/expenditure profile within levels agreed with the Project Manager;
- Regular Programme and Cost Review meetings, taking action where appropriate and reporting progress;
- Manage the procurement of all materials required for the effective delivery of the project as applicable;
- Setting up Service Level Agreements or contracts with external organisations to provide a support service to the project in conjunction with cost engineer;
- Ensure work undertaken by Service Providers is managed effectively;
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders/organisations;
- Interface with other Project Engineers to ensure integration /co-ordination with other delivery tasks;
- Provide accurate reporting of the project status to the Project Manager;
- Answer and/or co-ordinate response to TQs;
- Maintain a daily log of the work carried out. Log to include status of ongoing tasks including any delays or issues which may influence future works; and
- Line Management of staff including Project Engineers.
Further Atkins Roles and Responsibilities.
- Construction Management general duties including assisting with Bid Management.
- Construction Management of other projects as and when required by the business.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.