This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
We are hiring! The SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Miami, Florida Eco Sciences East Group as a Part-time Ecologist. Under supervision, the selected candidate applies technical professional proficiency to the investigation of scientific problems and the coordination of related project activities; may lead a section of a laboratory or analytical group.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Performs work which involves the preparation and completion of field activities, research and assembly of data from online and print resources, and general services associated with ecological data collection, regulatory compliance and reporting.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or B.A. in a field of Science to commensurate with hiring discipline. Minimal experience is required of incumbents with directly related Bachelor's degree; no experience is required with a Master's degree.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail, technical writing, computer and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, technical writing, computer and communication skills desired.
- GIS Skills desired.
- Good understanding of Florida’s ecosystems and habitats.
- Willingness to assist in field visits in natural areas including wetlands and surface waters.
- Certified Open Water or Advanced scuba diving certificate preferred.
- Position requires driving company vehicle, incumbent must have valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company policy.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs